Are you claiming your entitlement to free school meals?
As parents you need to know that registering for free school meals is important for two reasons. You will be reassured that your child has access to a healthy lunchtime meal as well as additional funding to support interventions targeted to raise your child’s achievement and aspirations.
To apply for free school meals, parents must have one or more children aged four or over attending a local authority maintained school or academy in Kent and be in receipt of one of the following:
• Income support
• Income based job seekers allowance
• Guaranteed element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (without Working Tax Credit) and an annual income below £16, 190
• Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
• Support under the part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
For full details and application form please click here